8.07.2011

on jobs and life.

i know what you're all thinking: it's already sunday?!

unfortunately, it is.  i've been thinking a lot lately about life, happiness, and work and how, unfortunately, the latter directly effects the former two.  what a great combination they are for people who love their job--but unfortunately i haven't joined the ranks of those people--yet.

so, when my job gets me down and it affects my happiness and life in general, i cook.  there's just something about making a whole from all those parts (ingredients).  whether it's breakfast, a simple salad, dinner or a fantastic dessert (my favorite), it makes my stress just melt away.  add a glass of wine, and you've got yourself the makings for a pretty awesome time!

tonight, i made a classic: spaghetti.  there are so many different ways to make spaghetti amazing, but i like to use a "recipe" my mom gave me:


hamburger
hot italian sausage
green, red, & yellow peppers
onions
spaghetti sauce
"some spices" (have fun!)
mushrooms
salt & pepper to taste


and viola!
cooking all the goods.


let it simmer as long as possible!

ohh, it was delicious!


i like to think of myself as a pretty good cook; i enjoy making the classics and also creating better versions of those classics.  this spaghetti was one of those better versions--it was delish!


...and then i burned some break-and-bake toll house cookies...


happy end to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment