11.23.2011

thanksgiving eve.

well, the holiday season is upon us! and for the first time in 23 (almost 24) years, i am spending thanksgiving away from my entire family.  it's crazy to think of it like that, but i suppose it's just part of growing up.

i work at a very popular bakery in rockefeller plaza so we will be open tomorrow for the parade.  what does that mean for me? 4:30am wake up call.  fortunately, i have friends in the tri-state so my college roommate has been kind enough to invite me to her house in New Jersey to spend thanksgiving with her and her family! i've been baking for the past few days (quite a task in a tiny nyc apartment-stay tuned for that later!) to get ready for thanksgiving and the start of a great holiday season.

today though, i spent my thanksgiving "eve" doing a pretty touristy thing--i went to see the balloons being blown up for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! since i can't see the actual parade, i suppose this was the next best thing. tonight, i'm spending it indoors where it's warm (it's finally getting cold up here!) drinking hot chocolate out of my trusty Zabar's mug, burning my first holiday candles, and watching a good holiday movie.

if i could, i would list everything i am thankful for this holiday season but, i suppose you would get tired of reading as there are a ton! but for now, i will just tell you all that i feel so blessed to be where i am in my life and for all the people who are in it :)



 
 




   

happy turkey day!

No comments:

Post a Comment