4.20.2012

life after new york.

life after new york--is there such a thing? to some, that notion does exist and to others, it's unfathomable.

when i decided to move out of manhattan, i believed the latter--how was i ever going to get used to having to drive places and not be able to get food 24-hours a day?! furthermore, how was i going to do all that going from manhattan straight back down to the good ole south?!

somehow, i did. and i'd like to think it was those nice southern people and A LOT of sweet tea that made me realize that the former is true--life does exist after new york!

as i packed up all of my belongings and loaded them into my dad's car and trailer, i wondered if i had made a huge mistake. you don't realize things usually until it's passed and that's exactly what happened to me--i realized right after i left new york just how much she meant to me.

i'll give you the brief version of my adventures:
i decided to go where life took me for the next month following my move out of manhattan. 






first stop: turks and caicos with the Kreislers who i had been babysitting for since september in new york. they have twin boys, grayson and andrew, and we spent a week in providencialies relaxing, tanning, and having a blast. i was heartbroken to leave them but, alas, the road is life. 







after spending a week in 80-degree island weather, i decided to go to the other extreme and spend 3 days in vail, colordao visiting old high school friends and skiing the rockies for the first time. after skiing in the 55-degree weather, i headed down to denver to visit with my old babysitting family, the Gavigans.  i stayed with their 3 children when i was in high school and watched them all grow up over the years. needless to say, i felt old when i saw that connor, their oldest, was taller than i was!

    






 last stop: sunny san diego! i spent 2 weeks with my sister in encinitas, california to relax and re-group. mostly, i just got to spend some quality time with my favorite little pup, wahoo!





and so, a couple of months later, here i am. slowly figuring out my life--getting a job, settling back in to adult life--and doing it in wilmington, nc during the best season wilmington has to offer.

the road of life continues on...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment