7.18.2011

surprises are the best!



a couple of weeks ago, i decided to surprise my parents and spend the 4th of July with them in wilmington, nc.  let's just say this--i've never seen someone quite as surprised as my mom.  my dad--well, i could tell he was super surprised even if no one else could! so, i spent 5 days soaking up the sun and enjoying the non-city life of my life.  it was grand to say the least.  cooking out, the beach, and seriously one of the best things of all--having a yard and grass to walk barefoot in.  it's funny the things you miss the most when you live in a concrete jungle!  it's hard to come back to that concrete jungle too when you spend 5 days not doing much other than soaking up precious family time (okay, and some sun).  but, i came back! and, i already got to go home again this past weekend--but that's for another post, another time :)

a fantastic first night's dinner!

love my girls :) 

happy 4th of July!!




gooood grillin' right there!




1 comment:

  1. Big surprise for your parents! :)
    I did the same some months ago for my mom's birthday and it was great.
    Now i'm living -and working- in Santiago and i haven't been in my city -Puerto Montt- since february, but finally i bought tickets for a little trip for this weekend :D

    I miss you Sara!

    Pablo

    ReplyDelete