7.10.2011

leaving my footprint on the city...literally.

as i began my Friday commute to 23rd street, i waited patiently at the 79th street stop for my train.  for a Friday morning, there weren't too many people waiting for the train so, when it arrived, i casually walked into the car.

then it happened.

a woman behind me decided that, even though there was no rush to get on the train, she would be pushy anyway (you know the type--we've all done it and we've all had it done to us!).  well, she stepped on the back of my flip-flop and took it right off my foot.  as i turned around to put it back on, it was no where in sight and she had a look of horror and embarrassment all over her face.  my shoe, my lovely, perfectly broken-in rainbow flip-flop had fallen between the train and the platform--right on the tracks.

i couldn't decide if i wanted to cry or hit her in the face! my flip-flop, the flip-flop i have had since high school was gone! yes, it was a tragedy.  and luckily, by some miracle, i had a pair of sandals in my bag!

so, may my flip-flop forever rest in peace on the tracks of the 79th street 1 train.  and may my footprint forever be in new york city!



No comments:

Post a Comment