6.07.2011

the subway.

For the past few weeks, while riding the subway, I've found myself thinking I'm at an amusement park.  Has that thought ever crossed your mind?  You know, especially when there is construction and you're stopped underground; they have all the construction lights on and it's like you're sitting in a mine on a tour!  Once, I was riding the B downtown and there were flashing lights as we were speeding through the tunnels--scary amusement park ride? I think so!

Today, to top it all off, while we were delayed underground the train driver said "We are currently being held up because there is another train directly in front of us.  Please be patient and we should be moving shortly."  This reminded me so much of being on a roller coaster!  So, when you find yourself frustrated on the subway, considering almost all of them are under construction at some point, just think of it as a ride at an amusement park and maybe it will make it a little better!!

Just take a look--this looks exactly
like a park map!

No comments:

Post a Comment