3.18.2011

things I saw on my Friday night walk home

Today New York City topped out at around 74 degrees--while I sat inside and worked.  Welcome to the real world, huh?  As I've said before, being an adult is overrated.

I've heard that when the temperature starts rising, people come out of the woodwork around this city.  They weren't exaggerating.  I work on E 49th and live on W 81st which is a 30 minute commute by train, but it was so nice out, I decided to walk home.  My walk took me through Rockefeller Center and Times Square where I saw quite a few people still celebrating St. Patrick's Day; gotta love those Irish!  In Times Square, I think I saw more cameras than human beings--I love seeing tourists in this city because it reminds me that I actually live here and I'm not a tourist anymore.

When I reached the Upper West Side, I was stopped by a man asking directions and I knew exactly what to tell him and he was really nice!  I love knowing my way around this great big city and I love being reminded that there are people in "the north" that are just as nice as us Southerners.

I decided to walk the rest of the way from Trader Joe's on W 72nd and was greeted by large groups of people heading to dinner, the theatre, or wherever their Friday night plans were taking them.  All the restaurants had their outdoor seating filled to the max, giving me just a hint of what this city is like in the spring & summer.

The weirdest thing I saw?  A couple having dinner outside with a stroller...for their dog! 

...welcome to the city!!

Here are some other things I saw that were worth a photograph...

A nice reflection of the buildings in Times Square. 
There is sun in New York City! A look
down Central Park South.

My favorite picture so far...a great piece of art on
the sidewalk from a street artist in Columbus Square.

Is that GREEN GRASS!?

No comments:

Post a Comment