3.29.2011

two months...already?!

 Yes, that's right--Friday April 1st makes 2 months that I've been able to call this city mine--NO April fools.  Since that first cold, icy, day when we landed, a lot of things have changed:

We've had the pleasure of living in 3 very different apartments and neighborhoods.

When I thought finding a job was hopeless--the Binder family found me!! Theo is the most intelligent 4-year-old I've ever met-seriously.  Henry is a 10 year old with a great imagination and an even better sense of humor.  They are a sweet little family living in the prime Upper East Side neighborhood with a huge apartment and great view.  It has been a pleasure getting to know them!


Theo is quite the entertainer!
Henry--well, Henry is hilarious.



                                                
                                             The Upper East Side at rush hour on a
                                                  beautiful afternoon.
We found an apartment that was too good to be true in a location that was just as good as the apartment!  We've made it into a home, and are loving getting to know our neighborhood.

THEN--I found a job!  The people at Chilton Investment Company are great; they're young, energetic, and so welcoming.  I've found that my walk to work isn't so bad, and my view of across the street when I leave at night isn't so bad either! 

Rockefeller Center on my walk to work
every morning.  They put the daffodils
there so tourists think it's spring :)

St. Patrick's Cathedral--another great
landmark on my morning walk to work.
 
The New York Palace--one of my favorite buildings, and not
just because it's on Gossip Girl!  It always looks so enchanting!

Then there's the view of across the street--the famed Waldorf-
Astoria!

This I took on my morning walk at 6:45am--I work from 7a-4p each day.
Isn't the sun coming up over Grand Central just beautiful?? It's like
I have my own New York City tour on my walk to work!

One last thing during my two months here so far--I survived the winter with only 1 legitimate snowfall!  Here are some glimpses of spring I found today while strolling along in Central Park.  I looked like a tourist taking so many pictures, I'm sure people thought I was from another city!  I guess I better get used to the fact that this is my  city now, my home; after all, it's been two months!

At least I should feel safe with hundreds of cops
in my neighborhood!

Trees are blooming and daffodils are coming!

Good afternoon, New York!

I swear I didn't mean for it to come out looking this cool!

To keep with my spring day, I decided to spring decorate our apartment!
The flower shop on 82nd St. has just about every flower arrangement
and flower type you could want!

They just make you smile, don't they?
Daisies are my absolute favorite!



Happy Spring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment